Update your Yahoo Profile picture
Personalize your Yahoo Account by adding a picture from a desktop computer and most mobile apps. You can upload an image in .jpg, .png, and .jpeg format as long as it's 5MB or less and at least 192x192 pixels. Once a Profile picture is added, it can't be made blank again. Switch it to a generic image if you'd prefer not to share something personal.
Update your photo in a Yahoo app
- In the upper left, tap your Profile icon.
- Tap Manage Accounts.
- Tap Account info.
- Tap the Camera icon above your name.
- Select a photo from your library or take a new one.
- Move the photo to fit into the frame, to your liking.
- Tap Choose to save your new Profile image.
Don't see the Account info option? - This feature is not available in all Yahoo apps.
Update your photo on a web browser
- Go to the Yahoo Personal info page.
- Click the Camera icon above your name.
- Select a photo from your library.
- Edit the photo to fit into the frame, to your liking.
- Click Crop and save to keep your new Profile image.
How will my Yahoo Profile picture be used?
- Your Profile picture is public and will be displayed in any Yahoo properties that you have subscribed to, such as Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Finance, and next to comments you post on Yahoo News articles.
- If your Profile picture is empty, a colorful "alphatar" containing the first letter of your first and last names will be created automatically. You can always replace this "alphatar" with an image of your own choosing.
- Your Profile image is not sent with your outgoing emails, but the Yahoo Mail system may pull up your public Profile picture to display to recipients of your email who are viewing it in their Yahoo Mail accounts.