Ads in Yahoo Search results
Yahoo strives to connect you with the products, services, and businesses you’re looking for. When you search the Web using Yahoo, content on the Search Results Page comes from a variety of sources.
Yahoo Search results sources
- Algorithmic Web searches.
- Provider content relevant to your query.
- Content from advertisers who pay to appear in Yahoo results.
- Information from other partners Yahoo may have a financial relationship with.
Factors influencing displayed content
- Relevancy of the content to your search.
- Your geographic location, if you have location services enabled.
- Your interaction with Yahoo Search and other Yahoo products.
- Our relationship with the content provider and the availability of quality content.
Yahoo offers you a variety of products and services for little or no cost. We’re able to do this because of our advertising revenue. This also makes it possible to provide certain services and content that would otherwise be unavailable to you through Yahoo services.
Online ads include text, images, and enhanced content that Yahoo has been paid to place in certain locations on Yahoo sites.
How to identify ads
Ads will be labeled with “Ad,” “Sponsored,” similar text, or an identifying icon.
Yahoo has a financial relationship with some content providers that allows us to deliver more useful results to you. When Yahoo is not paid to place the content in a specific location on your screen, the content might not be labeled.