Why are some Yahoo Messenger features grayed out?
This article explains why some features including call buttons, audibles, IMVironments, photo/file sharing, and text formatting may be grayed out when chatting with a particular contact. It also explains why you may receive the following error messages:
- "Configuration doesn't appear to support video calls."
- "Configuration doesn't appear to support voice calls."
Both users are not using the latest version of Yahoo Messenger.
Some Yahoo Messenger features will be unavailable if you're communicating with a contact who is using any of the following products:
- Yahoo Messenger 9 and below
- Yahoo Messenger in Mail
- Yahoo Messenger for Mac
- Yahoo Messenger on mobile devices
- All third-party messaging clients, such as Trillian, Pidgin, or iChat
To ensure full compatibility, both you and your contact must use the latest version of Yahoo Messenger for Windows.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.