Error message when trying to add a contact
Customers are getting the following error messages when adding contacts in Yahoo Messenger:
- There was an error in the server while trying to add a contact.
- Your request to add a contact has taken longer than expected to complete.
Status: We are actively investigating this issue and working to provide a resolution as quickly as possible.
Workaround: You can add or delete your contacts using Yahoo Mail. Please see our help article on sending an IM to someone not yet added to your contacts list.
If you continue to encounter this error for more than a day or so, contact Yahoo Customer Care directly for further assistance:
- Click Contact Customer Care on this page.
- Submit a help request by selecting the following options in the pull-down menu:
- Product: Messenger
- Version: [Your version]
- Category: Notices and errors
- Sub-category: messenger application error
- Include the following information:
- Yahoo ID you are using when you experience this issue
- Specify the exact error message you receive
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.