Secure your Yahoo account
Keep your information private and prevent unauthorized access to your account. Safe sign-in methods, up-to-date contact info, and good online habits help keep you secure and safe from scammers.
Use Account Key for a more secure login that doesn't require a password.
In addition to using our tools to protect your account, you play a critical role in keeping it secure.
- Protect yourself outside of Yahoo - Avoid installing malicious software.
- Visit the Safety Center - Learn how to protect your information and stay safe online.
- Sign out of public computers - Always sign out of your accounts when you're done.
- Don't fall for phishing scams - Don't click links you're unsure about, even from friends.
- Check your login activity - Check the recent activity on your account for unusual logins.
- Delete security questions - We no longer use these; remove your questions if you haven't already.
- Update your recovery information - Keep a current email address and mobile number on your account.