Remove or temporarily hide ads in Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail is a free service made possible by marketing ads. It’s possible to temporarily remove ads by hiding them or permanently remove ads by purchasing Ad Free Mail. This premium service doesn’t remove ads in Yahoo Mail from the Yahoo Mail app or mobile web browsers.
Free Yahoo Mail experience
- Inline ads - These ads appear among your emails within your Inbox and other folders. They'll have a "sponsored" label. These types of ads appear on desktop and mobile interfaces.
- Ads in the left or right column - These ads appear on either side of your emails in the desktop interface.
While ads on mobile can't be hidden, you can do the following from your desktop web browser to temporarily hide them. A new ad appears if you refresh the page or perform some actions. Influence the kinds of ads you see using the Ad Interest Manager.
- Most ads - Click the X or Options icon to remove that specific ad and provide feedback.
- The right-side ad - Click the Hide icon to temporarily hide the ad.
Ad Free experience in Yahoo Mail
If you don’t want to see ads on any of your Yahoo Mail accounts you’ll need to purchase Ad Free Mail for each of those accounts.
- Click the Settings icon .
- Click Ad Free Mail.
- Enter your payment info on the signup page.
- Click Pay.
If you've signed up for Ad Free and you're still seeing ads in your desktop web browser, then your computer or web browser may be infected with malware. Malware like this is usually installed as an add-on, extension, or plug-in into your web browser. Use Yahoo Mail in another web browser or you can use these resources for tips on fighting malware: