Questions you may have
What is Yahoo EMEA?
Yahoo! EMEA Limited (“Yahoo EMEA”) is a Yahoo company incorporated in Ireland.
What will change under the new Terms of Service?
The main change we want you to be aware of is that from 21 March 2014 the services we provide to you will be provided by Yahoo EMEA. As Yahoo EMEA is incorporated according to Irish laws, from 21 March 2014 the services we provide through our European sites will be provided under Irish law.
What other Terms are changing?
If you use any of the following services, these will also now be provided by Yahoo EMEA under Irish law from 21 March 2014:
- Yahoo Mail
- Yahoo Messenger
- Yahoo Answers
- Yahoo Contributor Network
- Yahoo Toolbar
- Yahoo Maps
- Yahoo Mail Plus
- Yahoo Ad Free Mail
Why are we making these changes now?
The structure of our business is driven by business needs and we believe it is in the best interest of our users to have Yahoo EMEA provide all services for all users in the region. A number of factors influence such business decisions:
- Ireland has an extensive data center infrastructure that helps us serve our users in the most efficient way.
- In respect of Ireland in particular, Dublin is already the European home to many of the world’s leading global technology brands and has been a home for Yahoo for over a decade.
I`m a Mail Plus or Ad Free subscriber. How can I obtain a refund?
We hope that you don`t want to close your account, but if you do you will be eligible for a prorated refund of your current subscription. Just follow these instructions:
Step 1: Cancel your current subscription
- Visit http://wallet.yahoo.com
- Click on the "Products & Services" tab and select the Mail Plus or Ad Free service you wish to cancel.
- Under "Action" at the right, click View Service Details.
- Above the "Service Summary" box, in the upper-right area of the page, click Cancel Service.
- Click Continue to cancel.
Step 2: Apply for a refund for Mail Plus or Ad Free
- For a refund please file a ticket with our customer care team here.
- On the help form select “Refunds and disputed charges”, then “Mail Plus refunds” (to apply for a refund for Mail Plus or Ad Free) and then click on the email icon.
- Please add “Objection to new TOS” in the detailed description field.
Step 3: Once your refund has been processed, you can close your account.
- For information about how to close your account please visit our Yahoo Account Help page here .
The principal change is that Yahoo EMEA, as the new provider of services to our European users, will replace Yahoo! UK Limited as the data controller responsible for handling your personal information. Yahoo EMEA will be responsible for complying with Irish privacy and data protection laws, which are based on the European Data Protection Directive.
What data is transferring to Yahoo EMEA?
Will this change impact how I can get help from customer care, with local language support?
No. Our customer care agents will continue to provide you with the same level of support.
What impact will this have on the Yahoo products I use?
The look and feel and features of your favourite Yahoo sites won’t change at all. The new Yahoo EMEA Terms resolve minor inconsistencies in the way old terms governed how Yahoo may use the content you post to public Yahoo areas. Please review Section 9 for details.
How can I move my emails to another provider?
For information about how to move contacts and emails between Yahoo Mail and other email accounts, please visit this page.
How can I close my account?
We hope that you don`t want to close your account, but if you do you can visit our Yahoo Account Help page here for information about how to do so.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.