Ads in Yahoo Search results
Yahoo strives to provide you with the products, services, and businesses that best match what you’re looking for.
About content on the Search Results Page
When you search the Web with Yahoo, content on the Search Results Page comes from a variety of sources, like:
- Algorithmic Web searches.
- Provider content that Yahoo believes is relevant to your query.
- Content from advertisers who pay to appear in Yahoo results.
- Information from other partners that Yahoo may have a financial relationship with.
Yahoo determines the content to display based on a number of factors, including:
- Relevancy of the content to your search.
- Your geographic location, in some circumstances.
- Your interaction with Yahoo Search and other Yahoo products.
- Our relationship with the content provider and the availability of quality content.
Yahoo offers you a variety of products and services for little or no cost. We’re able to do this because of our advertising revenue. This also makes it possible to provide certain services and content that would otherwise be unavailable to you through Yahoo services.
Online ads include text, images, and enhanced content that Yahoo has been paid to place in certain locations on Yahoo sites.
How to identify ads
Ads will be labeled with “Ad,” “Sponsored,” similar text, or an identifying icon.
Yahoo has a financial relationship with some content providers that allows us to deliver more useful results to you. When Yahoo is not paid to place the content in a specific location on your screen, the content might not be labeled.
Advertise on Yahoo Search - Learn more on our advertising site.