Close your Yahoo Account
Closing an old or rarely used account can help you stay organized. Before deleting your account, there are some important things you need to do.
Before you close your account, check the following:
- You must disable Yahoo Account Key on your account before closing it.
- Deleting a child or family account? Make sure to delete all child accounts before deleting the parent account.
- Do you have the current password? If you've forgotten it, use the Sign-in Helper to recover your password.
- Do you use the account for any other Yahoo product? Once an account is closed, you won't be able to sign into any Yahoo product with its Yahoo ID.
- Do you have all your info saved? Before closing the account make sure you download any info you need. Once the account is deleted, we can't recover any info or restore access.
- Do you have Yahoo products or services you pay for? Closing your account won't automatically cancel your paid services. Cancel these before closing your account to avoid future billing charges.
- Do you use your Yahoo account on any third-party websites? We recommend you remove your Yahoo account from any associated third-party accounts (for example, Facebook).
Close the account
- Sign in to the Yahoo account termination page with the Yahoo ID you want to delete.
- Read the info on terminating your account.
- Click Continue.
- Confirm your identity and click Yes, terminate this account.
Your account will be reactivated if you sign in to it within approximately 40 days of deleting it, with longer hold periods for accounts registered in Australia or New Zealand (approximately 90 days), and Brazil or Taiwan (approximately 180 days).