Close your Yahoo Account
Closing an old or rarely used account can help you stay organized. Whatever the reason you're deleting your account, you'll want to keep a few things in mind before we say our final farewells.
Before your close your account, check the following:
- Deleting a child or family account? Make sure to delete all child accounts before deleting the parent account.
- Do you have the current password? If you've forgotten it, use the Sign-in Helper to recover your password.
- Do you use the account for any other Yahoo product? Once an account is closed, you won't be able to sign into any Yahoo product with that Yahoo ID.
- Do you have all your info saved? Before closing the account make sure you download any info you need. Once the account is deleted, we can't recover any info or restore access.
Close the account
- Sign in to the Yahoo Account you want to delete.
- Go to the "Terminating your Yahoo account" page.
- Read the info on terminating your account.
- Confirm your password.
- Type in the CAPTCHA code then click Terminate this Account.