Close your Yahoo Account
Stay organized by closing an old or rarely used account. Before closing, you'll want to make sure you check some things first because once the account is terminated, we can't recover any info or restore access.
First, check the following
- Do you use Account Key? You must disable Yahoo Account Key before closing your account.
- Closing a child or family account? Make sure to close all child accounts before closing the parent account.
- Do you know the current password? If not, use the Sign-in Helper to recover your password.
- Cancel paid services to avoid future charges - Closing your account won't stop automatic billing.
- Do you use your Yahoo account on any third-party websites? We recommend you remove your Yahoo account from any associated third-party accounts (for example, Facebook).
Close the account
- Sign in to the Yahoo account termination page.
- Read the info on terminating your account.
- Click Continue.
- Confirm your identity and click Yes, terminate this account.
Your account will be reactivated if you sign in to it within 40 days of closing it, with longer hold periods for accounts registered in Australia or New Zealand (90 days), and Brazil or Taiwan (180 days).